Re: Reset PegasOS Open Firmware configuration to default

Hi Turbo,

I don't own a PegasOS, but I have some experiences with OF-based
machines. I wonder if you ever tried to reset the OpenFirmware using
the "set-defaults" command. This will reset everything, including some
variables that can result in some nasty effects. real-base and
load-base for example could be set to values that allow a smaller 2.4
kernel to load successfully, but a bigger 2.6 kernel could overwrite
something needed by the system, eventually resulting in a system
crash.

Just an idea...
Christian