Re: d-i on a second hard drive in a G5

On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 11:10 +0100, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 02:39:48PM -0800, Brad Boyer wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 10:13:17AM -0500, Pedro Sanchez wrote:
> > > 4. /target/etc/yaboot.config (as installed by the d-i):
> > >
> > > boot=/dev/sdb2
> > > device=/k2-sata@0/disk@0:
> >
> > This last line seems odd. My G5 has only one disk and has a very
> > similar line for device. That makes me think that it isn't getting
> > the right OF path for /dev/sdb2. I would have expected the second
> > drive to be on the second sata channel. Without having a second
> > device on sata on my G5, I can't really test, but it seems worth
> > investigating for someone who knows the installer better.
>
> The installer uses ofpath to translate from device nodes to open
> firmware paths. Pedro: Can you run the following commands in Linux:
>
> ofpath /dev/sda
> ofpath /dev/sdb

Here's what I get:

#ofpath /dev/sda
/ht@0,f2000000/pci@5/k2-sata-root@c/k2-sata@0/disk@0:

#ofpath /dev/sdb
/k2-sata@0/disk@0:

So indeed it seems that ofpath has decided that both sata drives are
"sata@0" :|

I manually edited the yaboot config file to have

  device=/k2-sata@1/disk@0:

and then I run the command
  chroot /target
  ybin --config /etc/yaboot.conf -b /dev/sdb2

Unfortunately this doesn't change anything. Selecting "l" in the text
boot menu still sends me back to the graphical boot menu. Maybe the ybin
command that I used is not right?

--
Pedro