Re: d-i fails on new PowerMac G5

    "Pedro" == Pedro Sanchez <psanchez@nortel.com> writes:

    Pedro> Just to recap, OS X lives in the first hard drive (SATA)
    Pedro> sdb1. Debian was installed in the second hard drive (SATA)
    Pedro> sdb2, with yaboot in the second partition. I think I will
    Pedro> read about this openfirmware thing to figure out how to
    Pedro> tell it to boot sdb2:2 directly (would this make sense?).

The first hard drive would be /dev/sda (or did you really mean sdb)?

What is /dev/sdb1? Swap, or bootstrap? Where is your bootstrap
partition?

The bootstrap partition *must* go before the Mac OS X partition if you
want yaboot to work "out of the box."  This often requires
re-installing Mac OS X. If you don't want to do this you are running a
"non-standard" installion and you need to decide how you want to boot
Linux.

Cheers!
Shyamal