Re: d-i fails on new PowerMac G5

I decided to go the "hard" way, swapping "hard" drives (that's a good
pun!). At this moment the system is loading a bunch of packages to set
up my workstation. That is, I was able to reboot the machine and get
into Linux, Hurray! I have yet to test if OSX is now screwed up :|

Before swapping disks, I did look at the yaboot.conf file that was being
installed. And indeed it was installing the loader in sdb2, the second
drive. I didn't see anything wrong with it (unfortunately I don't have a
copy with me now). I also did a "yabootconfig --chroot /target" while
still booting from CD by opening a shell. It rebuilt a default config
file. But even with this, selecting "l" in the first stage loader boot
menu still sent me back to the graphical menu (no, there was nothing in
between, like another boot prompt). And if I didn't type anything it
will soon take me back there in just a few seconds. I remember seeing a
"timeout=100" in the yaboot.conf file but no "delay=xx" statement at
all.

My suggestion for the installer would be the following: Close to the end
of the process the installer asked me where to install yaboot. But the
only option I got was /dev/sdb2. Should I have been given the option to
install it in the first drive, I wouldn't been bothering you with my
questions. Make the installer aware of being run on a second drive,
don't just assume that you have a single drive. That should solve the
problem.

Thanks for the support so far. It's better than any pay-per-incident
contract! I might bother you with other questions on different threads.

Cheers,

--
Pedro