Re: d-i fails on new PowerMac G5

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 10:43:55AM -0500, Pedro Sanchez wrote:
>    On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 02:00 +0100, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
>    > On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 04:44:31PM -0500, Pedro Sanchez wrote:
>    > >    Hello,
>    > >
>    > >    I got a new PowerMac G5 and I'm trying to install Debian on a
>    second
>    > >    hard drive (SATA) that I put in the machine. I'd like to have it
>    dual
>    > >    boot OS-X/Debian.
>    > >
>    > >    During the installation I'm experiencing the symptoms described in
>    Bug
>    > >    #287030
>    ([1][1]http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2004/12/msg01085.html).
>    > >    I'm
>    > >    using a d-i image from Jan 15/2005.
>    > >
>    > Which one exactly? (download location)
>    [2]http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/cd/jigdo-area/powerpc/sarge-powerpc-1.jigdo
This is a jigdo file to create a full CD set. AFAIK this is still rc2 of
debian-installer. The fixed kernel is not contained in rc2. Try one of
the images at
http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sid_d-i/powerpc/current/

The businesscard image contains only the installer and downloads all
other components from the net. The netinst images contains the installer
and the base system. The other components are downloaded from the net.

Gaudenz