Re: swiss german keyboard config needed

Am Mit, den 03.12.2003 schrieb Mich Lanners um 21:26:
> Hi,
>
> On   2 Dec, this message from nico dreher echoed through cyberspace:
> > I am looking for an ALT- and CTRL- configuration on a Swiss German
> > qwertz keyboard (PowerBook G3 Lombard).
> >
> > I tried the sample .Xmodmap from
> > http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2003/debian-powerpc-200308/
> > msg00182.html (see quoted below).
> >
> > However I am looking for an .Xmodmap that behaves like on a standard
> > Macintosh keyboard, i.e. @ = ALT + g, # = ALT + 3, | = ALT + 7, etc.
>
> How about the one attached below? It's for my swiss-french keyboard, but
> I suppose most of the things you're looking for are identical.
Physically swiss french and swiss german keyboards are identical. The
keymap only differs in wheter you have to press shift for äöü or éàè. I
was also looking for a good swiss mac keymap and thought about creating
one. But because my solution worked most of the time I did not get to
actually do it. Here is what I use:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "macintosh"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "de_CH(extended)"
EndSection

and "keycode 115 = Mode_switch" in .xmodmaprc

This makes the key labeld "alt" behave like in macos for key
combinations (eg. alt-g is @) and the apple/option key works as real alt
(eg. for switching consoles, closing windows, ...)

gaudenz
> Michel Lanners                 |  " Read Philosophy.  Study Art.
> 23, Rue Paul Henkes            |    Ask Questions.  Make Mistakes.
> L-1710 Luxembourg              |
> email   mlan@cpu.lu            |
> http://www.cpu.lu/~mlan        |                     Learn Always. "

btw why do you have a swiss french keyboard in luxembourg?