Re: XFS and Preempt for benh?

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 07:57:51AM +0100, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-12-03 at 00:14, Paul van Tilburg wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 11:42:17PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > > Better than any 2.4 kernel ever did here. :)
> >
> > It sure is, it's a lot more responsive and ALSA is working great too.
> > I didn't notice any differences in functionality only the 'improved feel'.
>
> ALSA is working ? Really ? Even with headphone plug in/out automute and
> sleep mode support ?

Yes, everything. I can even snooze with music on and it resumes playing
after coming back from sleep mode!
Except I still have the same problem I had with 2.4 with external Alsa
(still 0.9.6): my mixer settings are restored on resume, I can verify it
in the mixer, but it _sounds_ like the Bass-level is set to 100%. When I
start the alsa mixer and do a plus, then minus on the Bass-level, it's
sounds nice again :) it's strange... looks a bit like hardware and software
are out-of-sync a bit.

> [...]
> > CONFIG_FB 	 Support for frame buffer devices
> > CONFIG_FB_OF	 Open Firmware frame buffer device support
> > CONFIG_FB_RADEON ATI Radeon display support (New driver)
> >
> > and that's it (Frame Buffer console support doesn't need to be enabled?).
> > I didn't want to bother you with the entire config, but I can send it, if
> > needed... I'm still fiddling with the options right now.
>
> did you also set
> CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE=y

Yes, that helped a lot. Also when sleeping/resuming I don't get a fscked
screen from switching to FB from X or to X from FB respectively but nice
status messages of what it is doing, very good :)

> interestingly I remember having to have set CONFIG_FB_RADEON_I2C=y
> to get it compile.

I saw it in Michaels config too. I however can't find the option at all
and everything is working:
paul@power pts/2% grep CONFIG_FB_RADEON_I2C /boot/config-2.6.0-test11
paul@power pts/2%

Thanks for the help, it went a lot better than I had anticipated,

Paul

--
Student @ Eindhoven                         | JID:   paul@luon.net
University of Technology, The Netherlands   | email: paul@luon.net