Re: AmigaOne or Pegasos for a smallish server?

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 09:12:44 +0200, Rose Humphrey wrote:

> Le lun 16/06/2003 à 01:02, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra a
> écrit :
>
> Currently your best bet is the AmigaOne (Teron PX), simply because there's
> a lot more emphasis on making it into a viable Linux server/desktop. Plus

	Yet I understand the Pegasos come standard with Debian, while the
AmigaOne has LinuxPPC?  Or can you preinstall Debian as well?

> the Pegasos is currently admittedly buggy, and they're aiming at bringing
> out a new one before the end of the year (expect more debigging etc before
> it's quite ready).

	AIU they have a firmware upgrade that solves the problems at a
performance hit?

> Of course, I have to declare an interest: I'm an AmigaOne distributor.

	Can you deliver to Lausanne?

> Incidentally, the AmigaOne crowd, drunk with power after using 68K
> machines for so long, would also like HIGHMEM support fully debugged and
> readily available in 2.4.21 :)

	That one flew over my head...

--
 _
/ \  Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra     +41 (21) 648 11 34