Re: AmigaOne or Pegasos for a smallish server?

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 09:12:44AM +0200, Rose Humphrey wrote:
> Le lun 16/06/2003 à 01:02, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra a
> écrit :
> > 	I want to setup a server with Debian and Samba for a dozen MS
> > Windows 95 to XP clients.  Would like to have some growth space as the
> > clients might become X terminals in the future, and use other services as
> > web cache, fax server etc.
> >
> > 	Obviously I'd like to have a small SCSI RAID and tape backup.
> >
> > 	What would be the preferred system for stability now, AmigaOne or
> > Pegasos?
>
> Currently your best bet is the AmigaOne (Teron PX), simply because
> there's a lot more emphasis on making it into a viable Linux
> server/desktop. Plus the Pegasos is currently admittedly buggy, and
> they're aiming at bringing out a new one before the end of the year
> (expect more debigging etc before it's quite ready).

Please stay with real fact, and not FUD. The Pegasos is not buggy, it is
just that Mai refused to sell Genesi more mai northbridges, so they had
to find a new (and more advanced) northbridge supplier for the pegasos II.

> Of course, I have to declare an interest: I'm an AmigaOne distributor.
> However, that really is the situation as I understand today.

Nope, it is not, the new pegasos boards are good, the only real problem
is that they are almost all sold out.

Friendly,

Sven Luther