Re: Powerbook 15" 1Ghz radeonfb/XFree86 woes

On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 16:21, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> Your device tree doesn't contain the EDID... From what I see, I'd say
> it's a HW problem (not properly wired screen ?)

	I went and bought the torx screwdriver needed to pop open the bottom
cover. I unplugged, blasted with compressed air, and reseated all the
wires coming down from the LCD, and that seems to have had no effect. I
had also unwound on seemingly unecessary and sharp turn in the largest
line down from the LCD.

	OSX is still happy, X is still unhappy.

	Some point later today, I'll try dismantling the LCD itself and hope
that fiddling with it might have some effect, aside from destroying it
:) If the cable is removable from both ends, maybe I'll try shopping for
a replacement.

	Any clue on how I can get this problem to manifest under OSX so I can
build some sort of case with tech support?

	Tugrul Galatali