Powerbook 15" 1Ghz radeonfb/XFree86 woes

	After installing Debian using Branden's guide, installing a hand rolled
2.4.21-ben2, and grabbing Michel's dri-trunk packages, all I get when I
start X (using a variety of config files available online) is a offline
LCD.
	After poking around, I realized that I wasn't actually using radeonfb:

PCI: Enabling device 00:10.0 (0086 -> 0087)
radeonfb: ref_clk=2700, ref_div=12, xclk=20025 from OF
radeonfb: Failed to detect DFP panel size
Using unsupported 1280x854 ATY,Xia_A at bc008000, depth=8, pitch=1280
Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 160x53
fb0: Open Firmware frame buffer device on /pci@f0000000/ATY,XiaParent@10/ATY,Xia_A
Using unsupported 640x480 ATY,Xia_B at ba008000, depth=8, pitch=768
fb1: Open Firmware frame buffer device on /pci@f0000000/ATY,XiaParent@10/ATY,Xia_B

	Given Michel's comments in an email back in June, looks like I need to
squash this issue before I get X running.

	A bunch of files with possibly useful info:

http://acm.cs.nyu.edu/~tugrul/tibook/

	And a related question... when exiting/switching out of this not quite
functional X, the LCD isn't restored to the fb console, but gets all
plasma/psychedelic. That doesn't damage the LCD does it (it looks
painful =P)?

	Hoping he didn't miss the answer in the wee hours of the morning,
		Tugrul Galatali