Re: Finnish X11 keymap on iMac?

On Sunday 17 August 2003 10:06, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:

> > > It's as much guesswork for me.  I press them in the order:  normal,
> > > shift, altgr.  first lesser/greater/pipe, then paragraph/half/degree.
> >
> > Well, you knew the order in which you pressed the keys, I didn't. Try it
> > again, but this time, only press the <>| (no Shift or Alt) and record the
> > output (should be a pressed/released pair). Then do the same for §½¶.
> > Then send the results here labeled with what keys you pressed.
>
> Getting those glyphs _require_ usage of shit and altgr,as they are on the
> same key!

I'm not interested in the glyphs. I'm interested in the keyboard scancode you
get when you press the key.

> > Did you try this xmodmap? What was the result?
>
> It seems to work, but does not offer a lasting solution. Running xmodmap at
> every login is not exactly practical.

If you do man Xsession, then search for xmodmap, there is an example script
that will run Xmodmap everytime you log in. The script needs to be installed
in /etc/X11/Xsession.d. It will then be very practical. :)

Frank