Re: X 4.0.2 issues...

[Sorry for the CC, Ani; I don't know if you subscribe to this list.]

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 12:15:54PM -0800, Ani Joshi wrote:
> Wrong, its not that I "can't" seem to get the modifications in the tree,
> its because I haven't even submitted them yet.  I'm waiting for feedback
> from some users before I do that, and that will only happen before the
> next release.  I don't have time to keep updating my tree with CVS all day
> to please debian or any other folks, if you have problems with X and need
> my tree, then use it but don't expect me to do anymore then this.  The
> patches will get in at the appropriate time.

Ani, please don't let the words of a professional blockhead like Sven
LUTHER influence your perception of my thoughts on the subject.

I've talked with Dan Jacobowitz about this issue, and we've come to the
grudging truce that we're simply going to have to wait for your patches to
get into XFree86 proper for them to appear in Debian.

At least in my packages; if someone wants to do some (unofficial) special
xserver-xfree86-ajoshi package, I guess they can.

At any rate, given what David Dawes has been saying about 4_0_2-branch
lately, I think it is very unlikely that your patches would be allowed in
for 4.0.3 anyway.

Keep up the good work, and I look forward to seeing your enhancements.

And to you other guys, I think you need to relax and refresh your memories
on the distinction between "upstream source" and "Debian packages".

--
G. Branden Robinson             |    The errors of great men are venerable
Debian GNU/Linux                |    because they are more fruitful than the