moving from linuxppc - newbie needs help please

hello all.

i would like to move from linuxppc to debian.  can anyone tell me if i
will be able to use my exisiting partitions (i don't see why not) and if
i will still be able to use BootX, or will i have to use yaboot?  i
really want to be able to use apt, i hate redhat's package manager.

my equipment
RevB iMac 233
64M ram
2 gigs for Mac 8.5
2 for debian (right now linuxppc)

i am downloading the .iso now, but the download has failed twice.  can
anyone suggest the best mirror?  will i be ok with just the first binary
disc?

thanks a million for any guidance in advance.

sean