Re: touble making Power Mac 7200 boot directly into Linux

On Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 04:11:28PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> I'm guessing you need to use nvsetenv.  You'll have to set boot-device;
> probably to "scsi-int/sd@0:0" or something like that.

actually i think its scsi/sd@0:0

on a side note does anyone have a 7200 (or any other oldworld box
other then BootX booted Gossomer G3 and a 9500) with GNU/Linux running
on it who could/would give allow me to have a shell account for a
short period of time, if so i could add support to ofpath (part of
ybin) to find the OpenFirmware device path from a unix /dev/ node.

i have already figured out the Gossomer G3 and a 9500 (but would like
to see some of these booted with quik instead of bootx as that changes
whats in /proc/device-tree) oldworld machines appear to be all
different so i need to see as many as possible to have wide rangeing
support in ofpath.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/