boot-floppy-hfs.img

I want a physical rescue floppy.  (I am relucant to depend on my
Iomega Zip drive, as they appear to provide MacOS-only software for
it.  My CD drive is read-only, and somewhat unreliable.)

Under Disk Copy (version 6.3.3), boot-floppy-hfs.img does yield a
virtual floppy disk, which Apple's Finder says has `2.6 MB on disk
(2,801,704 bytes) for 11 items'.   Yet it is supposedly a 1.4 MB disk.
What gives?

Well, I tried dragging the visible stuff (4 files, I think it was)
from that virtual disk to a physical floppy, and booting from that.
There was a cute icon for a few seconds, followed by what appeared to
be launching of a kernel with the wrong video mode for my monitor.
(In BootX, `video=atyfb:vmode:6,cmode:32' works for me.  The `6' means
640 X 480 pixels at 67 Hz.) Is there some trivial procedure for passing
arguments to the kernel on this floppy?

More generally, is it reasonable to hope for a rescue floppy?  Is it
_really_ 2.6 megabytes, only called 1.44 MB as a cruel joke?

---
John (MacPhail)