touble making Power Mac 7200 boot directly into Linux

Hi,

I'm having trouble booting Linux on my Power Macintosh 7200/75.

Installation of Debian 2.2 went fine (booting MacOS on an external disk
and using BootX to boot into Linux works fine).

Right now I'm not able to boot directly into Linux - I have to boot
MacOS and then use BootX to get Linux running.

Read quik(8), quik.conf(5) - no success. /etc/quik.conf looks like this:

root@mac:~# cat /etc/quik.conf
root=/dev/sda2
timeout=100
image=/vmlinuz
label=linux
read-only
root@mac:~# quik -v
Second-stage loader is on /dev/sda2
Config file is on partition 2
Writing first-stage QUIK boot block to /dev/sda2
Making /dev/sda2 bootable (map entry 2)
Writing block table to boot block on /dev/sda2
root@mac:~#

Still not able to boot directly into Linux.

I've haven't figured out how booting of a PowerPC works? I suppose I'm
missing something?

My disk-layout looks like this:

root@mac:~# mac-fdisk -l /dev/sda
/dev/sda
        #                    type name                length   base    (
size )  system
/dev/sda1     Apple_partition_map Apple                   63 @ 1       (
31.5k)  Partition map
/dev/sda2         Apple_UNIX_SVR2 root                160000 @ 64      (
78.1M)  Linux native
/dev/sda3         Apple_UNIX_SVR2 swap                100000 @ 160064  (
48.8M)  Linux swap
/dev/sda4         Apple_UNIX_SVR2 usr                 797694 @ 260064
(389.5M)  Linux native

Block size=512, Number of Blocks=1057758
DeviceType=0x0, DeviceId=0x0

Any help is appriciated.

- Michael