Re: XF4 lacks GL and Shape Extension? was: getting an adb mouse workingwith xserver-fbdev

At 11:20 AM +0200 8/22/2000, Michel Dänzer wrote:
 > "This X server does not support the Shape extension.
 > This is required for Enlightenment to run.
 > You Xserver is probably too old or misconfigured."
Add the line

    Load	"extmod"

to the XF86Config Module Section.

Did that, it still complained and refused to load..

I also tried to generate a "default" config file by running the
server with the -configuration option (is it configuration? or
configurator? can't remember)... but it just crashed after loading
all the video card modules with a signal 11.

Maybe if someone with a working XF4 setup could copy-n-paste the list
of everything they're loading, it'd simplify things a little.

 > In any event, is there just currently no GL support for the
Mach64 chips, or
 > do I have to manually install it, or what?
There is no 3D hardware acceleration (DRI) for Mach64 yet, development on it
has just been started.

Darn it, by the time they have working Mach64 support I'll probably
have a Voodoo5. :)

However, this doesn't offer any performance gain over Mesa (the only
difference is that you can use GLX over network, but who needs that?)

Over the network! Cool, it stays. ;)

Anyway, if you (or anyone else) could provide me with they're
XF86Config Module section I'd be really grateful.

Thanks,
Graeme
--
"It really is coming down to just Apple and IBM. If, for some reason,
we make some giant mistake and IBM wins, my personal feeling is that