Re: getting an adb mouse working with xserver-fbdev

Will Dukes wrote:

> In other words, I got the xserver to work with very little tweaking.
> Here's what you need to do to get X running in debian with a powermac
> that has an adb mouse/keyboard:
>
> [snip]

Great! If you could contribute this to some FAQ or HOWTO, that would be great.

> at least with IceWM all the windows on the screen are much bigger than they
> normally are.  It's not a big deal, but for instance, the Netscape mail
> configuration window was too big to be displayed on the screen and
> everything has such big fonts that I think I'm using the geriatric version
> of X.

If you have several modes in the Display Subsection you use, make sure the
biggest one is in front.

> (I don't even know where the Xpmac server comes from -- is it part of
> XFree86 or something else?).

AFAIK it was derived from XFree86, but it's not part of it.

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and the DRI project