install potato on ibook: yaboot problems

Anyone have any luck installing potato on an ibook? I partitioned my ibook
using the MacOs9 disc format utility. I installed debian using a burned
potato cd. I couldnt get yaboot configured properly. Eventually, I did get
the linux icon to show on the boot manager (hold ctrl), but when you choose
it, it simply reloads the boot manager.. What does that mean? Does anyone
have a working ibook? Can you send me a fdisk dump and a yaboot.conf?

thanks,
james