Re: booting 500 MHz G4 from cd?

On Mon, Aug 21, 2000 at 11:46:20AM +0200, Stefan Kluth wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I made a binary-powerpc-1.iso with pseudo-image-kit-2.0 (2.2_rev0) and
> tried to boot a 500 MHz G4, Apple family number M5183, with a DVD-RAM
> drive. I restart while holding down "c" and the boot starts from the
> CD. However, several messages "wrong partition 1 check" appear on the
> initial yaboot console screen and then the boot hangs with a blank screen.

the "wrong partition 1 check" messages are normal and harmless, its
just yaboot being a pedant about the blocksize mismatch (2048 != 512)

as for the boot failure i cannot be of much help, but it sounds like
the kernel is getting stuck rather then yaboot (is the screen cleared
before it hangs?)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/