Re: XF4 binaries, Evolution 0.3 and updated Helix-Gnome

Hi,

Thanks Michel for replying while I'm away from my computer (heh!).
  I compiled this XFree86 4.0.1 on a Debian Potato to which I made no major
changes. It is a tarball that unpacks in /usr/X11R6.4 (and not /usr/X11R6), so
shouldn't hurt too much dpkg (a rm -rf /usr/X11R6.4  is enough to remove it).
  The drivers are from Ani Joshi's tree, from last week. He tar'ed up the thing
for me, so I must thank him by sharing this work. It took me about 1h30 to
compile the whole thing (iMac 233, 96 megs of ram), and each drivers takes a few
seconds to compile, FYI, if you try compiling it yourself.

Later

Quoting Michel Dänzer <daenzerm@student.ethz.ch>:

> Robert Ramiega wrote:
>
> > > And for the XF4 binaries (not in .deb, but shouldn't mess up your
> config
> > > to much), are at http://hadess.net/files/xf4
> >  Are they any different than those provided by Michel Danzer ? (You
> can find
> > a link to his repository from linux-apus.sourceforege.net page)
>
> His are newer (I'm still at 4.0d :)
>
> All the special code I had in my binaries should be integrated in the
> official
> XFree86 now, so you can use whatever binaries you like.
>

> Michel

/Hadess
http://hadess.net