Re: XF86 4 Binaries

"uriel@tx.freei.net" wrote:

> Earlier on this list I saw a link to these binaries.
> http://n.ethz.ch/student/daenzerm/download/XFree86/
> Are these the most current X4 binaries?

No.

http://dev.linuxppc.org/pub/users/howarth/xf4/ (RPMs)

or

http://hadess.net/files/xf4 (tarballs)

Also, there are semi-official test .debs by Branden Robinson now, I can dig up
the URL if you want.

> Also should I use the kernel from the debian ftp site, I think its
> 2.2.17pre-something, or one from BenH.

In general, Ben's tree has the most cutting edge Powermac stuff, but AFAIK
Debian powerpc kernels are sometimes from there as well.

> I have a G4 400 w/ a rage 128 pro. I am currently using Xpmac rev10 and
> sometimes get frame buffer overflows when i switch to console from X . I am
> using 1600x1200 resolution, would lowering the resolution fix the overflows,
> or would X4 fix it?

Can you please define 'framebuffer overflow' a bit more?

X 4 seems to be better in most respects than Xpmac, so it shouldn't hurt to
try.

Michel

--
Chaos, panic and disorder -- my work here is done.
Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86, Team *AMIGA*, AUGS