XF86 4 Binaries

Earlier on this list I saw a link to these
binaries.
http://n.ethz.ch/student/daenzerm/download/XF
ree86/
Are these the most current X4 binaries? Also
should I use the kernel from the debian ftp
site, I think its 2.2.17pre-something, or one
from BenH. I have a G4 400 w/ a rage 128 pro.
I am currently using Xpmac rev10 and
sometimes get frame buffer overflows when i
switch to console from X . I am using
1600x1200 resolution, would lowering the
resolution fix the overflows, or would X4 fix it?
One last problem, my Gnome sounds arn't
working correctly. Esd starts fine. I can hit the
play button in the gnome control center and
play sounds for events, but when those events
actually happen I dont' hear sound. I can play
sound in xmms using the esd outplugin
though.

Thanks,
Jeff

PS: this is the second time I send this
message, I think my email server didn't send it
correctly the first time, but if it did and im
posting this again, feel free to hit me.