Re: IDE-problems

Andre Berger <uzscd5@uni-bonn.de> writes:

> > I get the timeouts with both 2.2.17pre13-ben2 und
> > 2.2.17pre15-ben1 when using pmud.
>
> (on PB 3400)
>
> > > hda: Enabling MultiWord DMA 2
> > > hda: dma_intr: status=0x00 { }
> > > media bay 0 contains a floppy disk drive
> > > hda: Enabling MultiWord DMA 2
>
> With 2.2.17pre15-ben1, the HDD doesn't spin up any more at
> wakeup from pmud; I can hear the CD-ROM drives spin up.

Seems I found out why. Not a good idea to run both pmud and
noflushd...

> The machine
> locks up at boot time every now and then (hda: lost interrupt) and
> needs a reset.

Still the same. And the mentioned

ide_pmace: wait_for_ready, error status: 51
pmac_ide_do_setfeature disk not ready after SET_FEATURE !
hda: Failed !

still occurs sometimes.

--
Andre Berger <andre.berger@topmail.de> from Bonn, Germany