Re: YAIE: Debian on a PowerTower Pro

"C.M. Connelly" wrote:

>       Once you've chosen a partition to create (using the last
>       number listed, which is likely to be 4 on a Mac disk), pdisk
>       wants you to enter the starting block number, followed by
>       the number of blocks in the partition.  An inexperienced
>       person isn't going to have any idea how big a ``block'' is,
>       or where a partition should start.  In order to figure out
>       how to get a, say, 2 GB partition, you're going to need a
>       calculator or a scratch pad.  Good luck if you're creating
>       lots of partitions.  I've used partitioning tools for Linux
>       that are much more user-friendly.  They allow you to specify
>       the size of partitions in ``real'' units (megabytes or
>       gigabytes), and can handle at least some of the details
>       related to start points.

While I agree with most of your points, just for the record, this partitioner *does* allow you to enter partition sizes in K, M, or G. Just say 64M, 2GB, etc. Of course, the only reason I knew to try this is that the last *nix I tried installing was mklinux, and their version of pdisk has decent documentation.
--