Install Probs--Can't Find Install Files From Installer

I've d/l'd base2_2.tgz and placed it in Macintosh HD:debian:dists:potato:main:disks-powerpc:current:, and I've d/l'd driver-1.bin, rescue.bin, and root.bin and placed them in Macintosh HD:debian:dists:potato:main:disks-powerpc:current:powermac:images-1.44:; Macintosh HD is dev/hda5. I'm installing Debian on dev/sda5. I've successfully partitioned the disk, initialized and mounted a swap partition, and initialized and mounted a root filesystem, but I'm stuck at installing the kernel and modules. When I select harddisk, it asks me to select a drive, and I select dev/hda5 HFS; it then asks me to find the Linux Archive directory, giving a default of /installmnt. I then either select "..." or hit OK, but when it asks me to find rescue.bin, it gives me a linux-like partition list to search through, despite the fact that all these files are on an HFS partition. I can't find any of them. What am I doing wrong? TIA!
--