Re: `Every package must have exactly one maintainer'

Hi,
>>"Scott" == Scott Ellis <storm@gate.net> writes:

Scott> deity/apt

Scott> We seem to have managed well enough with the multiple
Scott> maintainer model, although I must admit that I've been the only
Scott> person doing releases, there isn't a particular reason why
Scott> someone else on the team couldn't.

	This is a good case. There has been a very clear demarcation
 of responsibility in Deity; You do all releases, and everything
 related to Packaging is your domain and responsibility. Jason does
 the coding (oh, I know, the rest of us contribute, but Jason has been
 the person who integrates stuff in, like Linus and the kernel).
 There are other roles in Deity that are also well defined; and that
 is the reason the team has not fallen apart at the seams.

	For deity, one knows who is in charge.

	The same is true of the Linux Kernel development -- there is
 one guy in charge. The same is true for the Gnus development
 team. And the LaTeX2HTML development team. And the Angband
 Development team. Even the Xemacs development (back when I was part
 of it) had one or two people with well marked demarcation of
 authority in charge.

	The XFree86 and CVS development teams maybe exception, but I
 suspect that like Deity, there is a strict division of responsibility
 in those teams as well.

	I think the buck needs to stop some where in a project.

	manoj
--
 He who hesitates is sometimes saved.