Re: `Every package must have exactly one maintainer'

On 12 Apr 1998, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> Hi,
> >>"James" == James Troup <J.J.Troup@scm.brad.ac.uk> writes:
>
> James> Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> writes:
>
> >> 4. A unique point of communication. In case of questions WRT a
> >> packages' `interface', it's much easier for other maintainers to
> >> get an `authoritative' answer if you have one person to contact.
>
> James> You continually bring up this hideously bogus argument.
>
> 	I would find it easier to believe this argument is specious if
>  there were at least one positive example.

deity/apt

We seem to have managed well enough with the multiple maintainer model,
although I must admit that I've been the only person doing releases, there
isn't a particular reason why someone else on the team couldn't.

--
Scott K. Ellis <storm@gate.net>                 http://www.gate.net/~storm/