Re: Conffiles and Configuration files (again)

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	You are mistaken. In the message archived at the URL
>  <http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-policy-9802/msg00353.html>
>  Christian states:

> Manoj> why are all conffiles also not configuration files?
> Christian> I guess they are (or at least, should be :).
> Manoj>       Why are conffiles not a proper subset of configuration files?
> Christian> I think they are.

Frankly, Christian comes off as very confused [1] and self-contradictory in
that message. I don't believe this message represents the final conclusion of
the policy manager, it's just Christian trying to get a handle on the debate.
He has never posted one of his "policy weekly" messages on this, or changed
the policy manual.

Anyway, I continue to side with Ian Jackson and Dale Scheetz - quoting dale
from http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-policy-9802/msg00269.html:

--
see shy jo

[1] Christian: "I just read the whole tread and now I'm really confused 8-)"
    -- http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-policy-9802/msg00319.html