Re: Conffiles and Configuration files (again)

Hi,

Joey> Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> I do seem to remember the policy manager coming with a resolution
>> that so stated. Conffiles are a strict subset of configuration
>> files.

Joey> I know he didn't, becuase if he had, I would still be fighting
Joey> it tooth and nail to this day. :-)

	You are mistaken. In the message archived at the URL
 <http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-policy-9802/msg00353.html>
 Christian states:

Manoj> why are all conffiles also not configuration files?
Christian> I guess they are (or at least, should be :).
Manoj>       Why are conffiles not a proper subset of configuration files?
Christian> I think they are.

	I am fatigued by the mere thought of re-opening this again,
 but you must do what you think you must do. I happen to agree with
 Christian.

	manoj
--
 "And remember: Evil will always prevail, because Good is dumb."
 Spaceballs