Re: Advocating Sebastien Noel <sebastien@twolife.org>

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 10:51:03AM +0200, Laurent Bigonville wrote:

> I'm hereby supporting Sébastien application as Debian Developer.
>
> I know Sébastien for about 7 years and he has always been an highly
> Debian enthusiast. He has been maintaining several unofficial
> repositories for softwares with patents/licences issues (Audio/Video
> related softwares). He's currently maintaining two packages (OSS4 and
> cksfv) in Debian through sponsoring.
>
> Sébastien has high technical skills and I think would be a good
> addition to Debian, please start NM process soon :)

Hello Laurent,

I see that Sébastien only maintains two packages and he is not DM
(http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer)

Since New Maintainer is often confused with "New DM", I'd like to make
sure that this is not an advocacy for DM that somehow got mistargeted.

We also prefer that one has had some experience as DM before applying
for DD: having DM experience generally makes the NM process much
swifter.

This does not mean that we reject all applications from people who were
not DM before, but it'd be nice to have the advocate provide a reason,
especially for people who maintain few packages, for which there is a
hurry to get a DD account now, and DM (which is more immediate to get
and requires much less work) wouldn't do.

Ciao,

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>