Re: [Fwd: RFC/RFS: rosegarden4: music editor and MIDI/audio sequencer]

Please see these wnpp-entries:

O: rosegarden2 -- An integrated MIDI sequencer and musical notation editor

O: rosegarden -- An integrated MIDI sequencer and musical notation editor

ITA: rosegarden4 -- music editor and MIDI/audio sequencer

Cheers,
Andreas
---

Mike O'Connor wrote:
Cool.  I didn't realize that rosegarden4 was orphaned at all.
I am interested in getting this thing updated in Debian.

I prefer working out of a svn/cvs repos rather than shifting around whole packages.

I ran svn-inject, and my package is here:

svn://svn.vireo.org/rosegarden/rosegarden4

I've looked at rosegarden4 sources and it blew my mind away; it's
using 'scons' for building, and decided to throw away
autoconf/automake/Makefile set up ?

yeah.  Don't konw what the motivation was there.  The rosegarden-devel
list is already talking about possibly moving from scons to something
else:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=9886891&forum_id=271

How did you handle the 'rosegarden' -> 'rosegarden4' rename that was
probably Debian-local, did you just throw it away?

In my current packaging I have kept the debian specific renaming from
rosegarden -> rosegarden4, however I'm hoping this won