Re: [Fwd: RFC/RFS: rosegarden4: music editor and MIDI/audio sequencer]

Hi,

> > This package strikes me as an ideal candidate for Debian-multimedia to
> > sponsor / co-maintain, this requires at least one DD on this list to be
> > enthusiastic about the idea. Rosegarden4 is one of Linux Audio's
> > flagship apps IMO and it has always looked bad that Debian constantly
> > ships with the version before last. This wasn't necessarily Enrique's
> > fault, although he could have made a formal RFH sooner.
> >
> > I hope you will be able to work with Willem van Engen
> > <wvengen+demudi@stack.nl> who intends to package the dssi stuff, I also
> > think that this list will be the right place to co-ordinate efforts. I'm
> > glad you found us.
>
> I agree that this package is a good one for co-maintainance or team
> maiintainence.  It is, as you say, a flagship product, and its features
> are broad, and getting broader as it has a very active upstream.

Cool.  I didn't realize that rosegarden4 was orphaned at all.
I am interested in getting this thing updated in Debian.

I prefer working out of a svn/cvs repos rather than shifting around
whole packages.

I've looked at rosegarden4 sources and it blew my mind away; it's
using 'scons' for building, and decided to throw away
autoconf/automake/Makefile set up ?

How did you handle the 'rosegarden' -> 'rosegarden4' rename that was
probably Debian-local, did you just throw it away?

regards,
	junichi
--
dancer@{debian.org,netfort.gr.jp}   Debian Project