Re: Debian kernel for Loongson

Hello Geert,

2010/7/16, Geert Stappers <stappers@stappers.nl>:
> Hence my list of questions:
>
> * Will cross compiling on an AMD64 get to the wanted result?

Certainly yes!

> * Would a "native compile" a safer bet? ( 'safer' as in being
>   more sure to get _faster_ to result )

No

> * How to identify that a recent and proper working toolchain
>   is available?

Best bet is stay and improve Debian sources, GCC already has Loongson
patches (thanks to aba) and you are able to get cross compilers from
GCC Debian sources (already discussed in this list)

> * From which location to get the Linux kernel source? ( IOW
>   how to get to a state as http://bugs.debian.org/583689 describes? )

Later mainline kernel supports Lemote 2F, but I remember see in the
Debian git tree some sources (owned by zobel), http://git.debian.org/
(my network connection is very slow atm, so i am unable to check)

> * When having the "right" Linux kernel source, how to get to the
>   "right"  .config file?

Most likely you need
arch/mips/configs/lemote2f_defconfig
from the kernel tree.