Re: Trying to boot the install for Woody mipsel on Decstation 5000/240

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 07:31:37PM +0200, Thiemo Seufer wrote:
> Karsten Merker wrote:

[which type of monitor can be used with a PMAG-AA]
> The DS 5000/100 manual states for all types of monochrome monitors:
>
> 	Video input
> 	- Termination		75 ohms BNC
> 	- Amplitude		1.0 Vpp composite video

Hm, that would mean you could use a "normal" PC-multisync capable of
sync-on-green. Well, at least for simulating a "green" monitor :-).
AFAIK the DS 5000/1xx series was always sold with at least a PMAG-B
graphics card (besides the completely headless DECsystems of course),
so I wonder whether this "all types of monochrome monitors" really
means "all types of monochrome monitors available for the graphics
options in a DS 5000/1xx". I once had a grayscale 17" DEC monitor that
worked with the Maxine onboard graphics and with some adjusting on a
PMAG-B. It fits the above description (1.0Vpp composite, 75 ohms) and
was delivered with a 3W3->1xBNC cable. The PMAG-AA is the only card
that has a single round connector (AFAIK this is not BNC) instead of
the 3W3 on all other cards, so I am not really sure the signal is the
same.

Regards,
Karsten
--