Re: Trying to boot the install for Woody mipsel on Decstation 5000/240

On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 01:26:57AM +0200, Karsten Merker wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 01:49:44PM -0400, Len Sorensen wrote:
>
> > I have been trying to get Debian woody to install on my Decstation
> > 5000/240 today.  So far I have tried this:
> >
> > MOP boot linux.ecoff
> > MOP boot linux.bin (with different version of mopd that does ELF)
> > boot linux.bin with netbsd's ELF loader
> > MOP boot tftpinstaller (ecoff format)
>
> The tftpimage is the installer.
>
> > In all cases I get only one line of output after the file is loaded
> > which is:
> >
> > This machine is a Decstation 5000/2x0, or something like that line.
> > Nothing else happens.
>
> Are you using serial console? If yes, you have to boot with
> "console=ttyS2" as kernel parameter. If you are using graphics
> console: which graphics adapter do you have in your system?
> Currently only PMAG-BA and PMAGB-B are supported.

Oh crap!  I should have thought of that.  I have a PMAG-AA.  Doh!
Well NetBSD supports it, I guess I can try serial console for the install
and then play with it afterwards.

The caps lock and such was working, so I guess I should have thought
the console was unsupported.  Do I add hte console parameter to the boot
loader line (well the boot prompt line I guess)? I would assume so since
that is where the -a parameter for netbsd is put.

Thanks.

Len Sorensen