Re: Trying to boot the install for Woody mipsel on Decstation 5000/240

On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 09:01:42PM +0200, Karsten Merker wrote:
> Somebody reported long time ago that they do not work in Linux, so I
> wrote that into the Debian/mipsel install docs...
> Maciej has done some work on the DEClance driver in the meantime, but
> I know of nobody who has a real PMAD-AA to test it. The problem is,
> that the chip (a LANCE) is the same, but the way it is connected to the
> rest of the system seems to be different between a DECstation 5000/200
> (AFAIK no working LANCE support in the current kernels), the rest
> of the DECstation 5000 series and the PMAD-AA TurboChannel ethernet card.
> If you have such a card, please test it and tell me the results, so that
> I can update the install docs appropriately.

Well I can't seem to get the PMAD-AA to work, but the onboard chip
works great.

Relavant dmesg section:

TURBOchannel rev. 1 at 25.0 MHz (without parity)
    slot 1: DEC      PMAD-AA  V5.3e
    slot 2: DEC      PMAG-AA  V1.0a

declance.c: v0.008 by Linux Mips DECstation task force
eth0: IOASIC onboard LANCE, addr = 08:00:2b:28:f6:02, irq = 3

I even added ether=0,0,eth1 to delo.conf, and that didn't seem to help.
I guess the different hookup does matter.

The declance.c does mention something about pmad-aa but not if it works
or not.  Well that being the code in the generic 2.4.18 kernel source
which doens't appear to have been touched in a while.

Any other info I can look up?

Thanks for the help so far.

Len Sorensen