Re: Cube 2

Florian Lohoff wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 08:20:42PM +1000, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> > It mentions a problem with sys_mips() causing a SIGSEGV. Is someone working on
> > fixing this? Need help?
>
> There are already workarounds for this - It is caused by register corruption
> on syscall exit ....
>
> Patch attached ...

Patch against what? Linux-2.4.7? Something else? Sorry to be obtuse.

> > I also notice that the default endianness of the Cube2 is mips-sel. Has anyone
> > messed with this and turned a Cube2 into a big endian MIPs machine?
>
> I dont think anybody wants this ;) Anyway it should be possible by
> giving a pin on the R5000 a different voltage level on powerup.

I agree completely. If it requires a hardware mod its probably a Bad Idea (tm).

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo     nospam@mega-nerd.com      (Yes its valid)
"I've nothing against OO, I do have something against C++. Its a dogs
dinner. Anyone who's (tried) to read Stroustrups book on C++ like I had
the misfortune of doing knows that the man is very intelligent but has
about as much clarity of thought as Timothy Leary on a bad day."
-- NJR in comp.os.linux.development.apps