Command-line option available only with Python 2.7 and not 2.6

Hi all.

I'm packaging the new version of CxxTest and I'm facing this problem: the option
"--fog-parser" of the main script can be used with Python 2.7 or with Python 2.6 plus
ordereddict module. That python module is not yet part of Debian so the option can be used
only with Python 2.7. But if that option is not passed at the execution, the script is
fully functional even with Python 2.6.

Which is the right way to handle this situation? Increase the minimum Python version to 2.7?

Thanks, bye
Simone