Re: berlios closing; where should my projects escape to?

Il giorno mar, 18/10/2011 alle 10.44 +0200, Patrick Matthäi ha scritto:
> Am 18.10.2011 10:42, schrieb Paul Elliott:

> >> GitHub? I use them for my package repos, and I see that MythTV recently (in
> >> the last few months) switched to them. Not sure about the "full" project
> >> experience, I.e. mailing lists, website etc, but they do appear to have
> >> these features, although I've not used it to that extent.
> >>
> >> Paul.
> >
> > I don't want to learn GIT right now. Is there someplace I could stay with svn?
> >

> Sourceforge?

Maybe it's only my (long) unfortunate esperience, but Sourceforge seems
to me really awful from the users and potential contributors point of
view.
It's cluttered with ads and unused (in most projects) functions, with a
bad antispam check which basically obliges projects admins to close
ticket reporting/submitting to unregistered users (not that that's
terrible, but it just vanishes the openness of the system). In general,
I really thing it has a terrible user interface.

Just to give an example of something which is similar but "nicer", let
me mention Launchpad, which I tend to avoid because I don't like bazaar,
but in one case I find very convenient (for the team-related features)
coupled with an external git repository.

Pietro