Re: RFS: clipit

Hello,

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 08:44:47PM +0100, Benoît Knecht wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Cristian Henzel wrote:
> > I have managed to get rid of the dpkg-shlibdeps warning by using the
> > flag '-Wl,--as-needed'. I have also solved the autogen.sh problem by
> > overriding dh_clean like this:
> >
> > override_dh_clean:
> > 	dh_clean
> > 	./autogen.sh
>
> You should override dh_auto_configure instead, like so:
>   override_dh_auto_configure:
>   	./autogen.sh
>   	dh_auto_configure
>
> > [...]
> >
> > The only problems (at least as far as I can tell) left right now are
> > that autogen.sh asks for user input when running (this is because of
> > gettext)
>
> This is indeed an issue, the build process should not require user
> input. I don't know how to fix it though, I'll need to have a closer
> look; or maybe someone else can be of assistance.
>
> > and I'm not sure if this is allowed, that a pretty big patchfile gets
> > created because of the extra files that autogen.sh creates
>
> This should be solved by not calling ./autogen.sh at the end of the
> clean target.

You might want to look at dh-autoreconf, I'm not sure how it compares to
running ./autogen.sh but it's a debhelper add-on that runs autoreconf.
And the autoreconf manpage has some words about gettext.

Hope this helps

--
Julien Viard de Galbert                        <julien@vdg.blogsite.org>
http://silicone.homelinux.org/           <julien@silicone.homelinux.org>