Re: RFS: gdisk (updated package)

Hi,

Guillaume Delacour <gui@iroqwa.org> writes:

> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.6.11-1 of my package
> "gdisk". The version in actual frozen testing is quite old (0.5.1),
> and it would be great if the last version 0.6.11 could be available in
> Squeeze.

The release team no longer accepts new upstream releases, except for
bugfix-only releases in some cases[1].  Looking at the changelog, gdisk
introduces lots of other changes in both upstream code and packaging.

I also found several important bugs mentioned in the upstream changelog:

- Fixed serious data corruption bug on big-endian (PowerPC and similar)
  systems. [0.6.3]
- Fixed off-by-one bug in specification of partition when using the
  -T (--transform-bsd) option in sgdisk. [0.6.4]
- Fixed major bug in hybrid MBR creation, which caused incorrect
  protective partition end point settings and occasionally other
  problems. [0.6.9]
- Fixed bug that created backwards attribute field values (bit #2 was
  entered as bit #61, etc.). [0.6.10]

Do these affect version 0.5.1 currently in Squeeze?  I am not sure how
severe they are, but at least the first bug looks release critical.

Regards,
Ansgar

[1] <http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2010/09/msg00000.html>