Re: ITH! webalizer

On 12-09-2010 18:11, Julien Viard de Galbert wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 08:10:19PM -0300, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) wrote:

[...]
>> First, I would have appreciate if you had contacted me privately first.
>
> Please accept my apology for not doing so, and being so rude and stupid.

It's OK, we all made mistakes, the important thing is that you should
learn something from this incident and improve your communication in
future interactions, with me or other peers.

[...]
>> Finally, I do have plans for Wheezy, same I had for Lenny and Squeeze,
>> and I do think there is a chance I will miss them again.  When I first
>> adopted it a few years ago, I started working upstream, that's why
>> after several years webalizer got a new upstream, then Real Life (tm)
>> kicked my ass and I couldn't promote the changes I wanted to the Debian
>> package.
>
> OK, thanks for your kind response to my rude way of asking.

You are welcome.

[...]
> Well you don't look to angry at me, maybe we can discuss privately on
> ways to maintain webalizer (maybe co-maintain it via alioth ?) But I
> had to apologize publicly.

Sure, I don't think we need a special project on Alioth.  Simply
using collab-maint via SVN or git would suffice.  And indeed, you
can contact me privately about your work plan.

> Real Life has given me some time now and finding interesting packages to
> work on is hard... but I really want to invest it on debian.

ACK.

> I've been stupid, please don't let this rude introduction ruin our view
> of each other. I shouldn't have looked to a single package to estimate
> you, and obviously I was wrong.

No problem.

> By reading your mail, it looks like you're still giving me a chance,
> so thank you !

You're welcome.

Kind regards,
- --
Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw)
Debian. Freedom to code. Code to freedom!