Re: Help with uswsusp

Hi!

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 6:05 AM, Rodolfo kix Garcia <kix@kix.es> wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am trying to update the current uswsusp package, created and maintained by
> Tim. Now the package has 83 bugs. I am trying to help.
>
> The new version is 0.9 (I have a lintian problem about the version number)
> and probably this new version closes some package bugs :-)
> (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=uswsusp)
>
> I try to review the bugs, but is not possible :-( because it need many time.
> I don't know what to do, probably an idea is mail to the people who reports
> the bug, and try the new package.
>
> This is an update in both program version and packaging:
>
> * Package name    : uswsusp
> * Version         : 0.9
> * URL             : http://suspend.sourceforge.net/ but the new version is
> in git.kernel.org
> (http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/rafael/suspend-utils.git;a=tree)

It isn't released yet, right?

> * License         : GNU GPL
> * Section         : admin
>
> The package can be found on my server, probably I will move it to
> mentors.debian.net:

The package is not complete, missing uswsusp_0.9-0.0.debian.tar.gz

> The package has three problems with lintian:

Without the diff I can only guess.

> - maintainer-upload-has-incorrect-version-number 0.9-0.0 (normal)

You have wrong debian revision in debian/changelog. How did you create
the package?

> - unused-debconf-template (minor)
> - hyphen-used-as-minus-sign (whislist)

This means you might want to fix the manpages.

Detail information can be found by lintian with -i option or on
http://lintian.debian.org/tags.html

Cheers,
Kanru