Re: RFS: compactheader

El 02/09/10 23:07, Rogério Brito escribió:
> Hi.
>
> On Sep 02 2010, Williams Orellana wrote:
>> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "compactheader".
>

> A quick follow up to comment on your package:
>
> * Please, package version 1.2.4.

working on it

> * Are you sure that the license is MPL-1.1+ and not the tri-license?

at least that's what it says the website of the addon

> * Your packaging is under the GPL-3+ and this will cause any changes
>   that you make to not be able to be pushed upstream (say that you
>   produce a patch).
>
>   Please, consider always having the packaging in the same terms as the
>   upstream software, even if you would prefer another license.

considering this point

> * The short description should start with a lowercase letter.

working on it

> * Your watch file doesn't seem to work:
>
> ,----
> |   rbrito@chagas:/tmp/compactheader-1.2.3$ uscan --report-status
> | uscan warning: In debian/watch,
> |   no matching hrefs for watch line
> |   https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/downloads/file/92157/xpi/compactheader\-([\d\.]*)\-tb\.xpi debian xpi-repack
> | rbrito@chagas:/tmp/compactheader-1.2.3$
> `----
>
>   It took me some time to figure out the better solution to use with
>   mozilla addons. Just look into
>
>     ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/addons/13564/
>
>   Be careful to regard the betas as lower than the final releases.
>   Something like mangling the upstream version with s/beta/~beta/
>   works.

working on it too

> * A more philosophical question is that of using xpi-repack to pack an
>   extension: that simply seems to me like packaging the binary product
>   of a program and not using the source code.

you're right that's the correct way

>   I did this with the packages that I mentioned on my earlier e-mail,
>   but I still think that this is wrong.
>

> Regards,

Thanks for all the comments are always welcome :)

Cheers!!

- --
  .''`.     Williams Orellana
 : :'  :    http://williamsorellana.org
 `. `'`	    4096R/0FCFE54C
   `-       EEA4 00D1 9C76 E84F D261 E04D A70A C4A1 0FCF E54C