RFS: yarp

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "yarp".

* Package name : yarp
Version : 2.3.0-1
Upstream Author : Paul Fitzpatrick <paulfitz
* License : GNU LGPLv2.1 (unless otherwise stated)
Section : net

It builds these binary packages:
libyarp - Library support for YARP network of ports and devices
libyarp-dev - Header files for YARP library
libyarp-dev0 - YARP network of devices
libyarp-init0 - YARP network initialisation
libyarp-os0 - YARP network of ports
libyarp-sig0 - YARP image processing interfaces
yarp-bin - CLI to YARP network of ports and devices
yarp-doc - Documentation for YARP library
yarp-view - Graphical viewer for data on the YARP network

The package appears to be lintian clean. Upstream is eager to apply patches.

My motivation for maintaining this package is: YARP (Yet Another Robot Platform) is unique
 in its kind. It provides a general interface to allow for TCP, UDP, shared memory, and
multicast communication. We intend to use it in Robot3D, a simulator for modular robots,
at https://launchpad.net/robot3d. Screenshots can be seen at http://www.robotcognition.eu/
Robot3D builds on Delta3D (http://www.delta3d.org, also in need for sponsoring). Using
YARP Robot3D can be a real competitor for Player/Stage with respect to pluggability.

- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/y/yarp/yarp_2.3.0-1.dsc

Kind regards
Anne van Rossum