Re: RFS: buildbot

2010/8/24 Romain Francoise <rfrancoise@debian.org>:

>> My motivation for maintaining this package is: I would like to make
>> this software more friendly to end users. However current Debian
>> maintainer does not respond for two months.
>
> The buildbot package doesn't seem to be orphaned, and its maintainer
> isn't MIA because he regularly uploads other packages. Trying to
> find a sponsor to hijack the package for you isn't the right way to
> go about this. Maybe he doesn't reply because he's busy and doesn't
> have the time to review your proposed changes, which are quite
> intrusive.

A understand that technically my actions can be considered as
hijacking a package. However I wouldn't do such a thing if I get the
response from Matthias (the official maintainer). There are bugs with
patches available dated on the 2nd of April with no response still.
And there were no changes in the package since that time. The first
time I introduced these changes was on the 1st of August (bug
#587313). Few days before submitting this request I sent a letter
directly to Matthias.

This is my first work for Debian and I really didn't want to harm
anyone but make the package more useful instead. If I get the answer
from the official maintainer I'll try to help him for sure.

Thank you.

--
WBR, Andriy Senkovych