Re: Closing bugs, incrementing release number, and uploads to mentors.debian.net

2009/1/19 Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au>:
> Piotr Ożarowski <piotr@debian.org> writes:
>> last revision (the one you intend to upload) should not be marked as
>> UNRELEASED of course, only previous attempts should be
>
> So you're advocating to change the previous entries in the changelog?

yes

>> All I want is to be able to depend on
>> /usr/share/doc/*/changelog.Debian.gz data while deciding what
>> minimum required version should I use in Depends (I don't want to
>> check http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-changes archives, see
>> mentioned bug reports)
>
> Doesn't the availability of the 'rmadison' tool make that trivial for
> the sponsor, without needing to alter already-uploaded changelog
> entries?

while sponsoring I'm checking debdiff output with last uploaded
version, so I don't need rmadison to tell which one is uploaded and
which one isn't. I'm thinking about other developers who want to use
your package as a dependency in their own package.