Re: Closing bugs, incrementing release number, and uploads to mentors.debian.net

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 02:59, Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> * When fixing bugs that prevented a previous release (e.g. one made to
>  mentors.debian.net) from making it into Debian (e.g. because the
>  sponsor requires further changes), recommended practice is to
>  increment the release number and make a new changelog entry, to
>  easily distinguish from any existing release.

This is only required by *SOME* sponsors, and I absolutely *DO NOT
WANT* this from my sponsorees; so please stop (target is everyone)
spread mis-information to people approaching Debian since few time,
like it's a "project requirement" when it is not.

Regards,